- Let your potential players and staff know that registration is now open.
- Inform families about the availability of need based scholarships through HPHL.
- Hold an informational meeting for players/families.
- Let the league know if your team has any management changes (who is stepping down, who should be added; include email and cell # for anyone new.)
- Update IRS* and bank account information with new names if needed. Send in your yearly 990 report by 1/15/20 if your fiscal year ended 8/31/19.
- Make sure you have coaches on board and that their coaching credentials are up to date.
- Communicate with the scheduler if you will want to hold tryouts.
- Send dates for prom and spring break to the scheduler.
- Plan your team budget.
* HPHL asks all teams to comply with IRS regulations. You can find information on our IRS Compliance page. Obtaining 501 c 3 or 7 status is a one time event. Once that has been done, teams need to complete a yearly 990N online report in order to maintain IRS compliance.
Other useful documents and forms are below.
Detailed scorekeeping information can be found on the scorekeeper pages. Managers should direct their scorekeepers to familiarize themselves with all of the information there.
Below is a downloadable blank scoresheet. Player names need to be written in if using this version.
HPHL will pay for security on an as needed basis. Team managers or Club Coordinators can request approval for security at select games from their Division Directors. Once approved, the team can schedule a security officer. See below for security officer job expectations.
Please plan ahead as it takes about 2 weeks to schedule a security officer.