- Remind any team members still not signed up to register with HPHL.
- Make sure you have coaches on board and that their coaching credentials are up to date.
- Hold tryouts if needed.
- Deduct scholarship credits from player fees as this information is made available to you.
- Finish collecting fees and credentials.
-Send in names of potential players to be released by 3/3 to determine if there is another team for them. Do NOT release them until the league notifies you that there is another team for them.
- Make sure your USA Hockey roster has been approved by the registrar prior to your first game.
- Enter your team roster in Sports Engine (on the CAHA site) prior to your first game. Include coaches, indicate goalies.
- Make sure your players have jerseys, socks, etc…
- Have your team credentials approved by the division director.
- Assign game day duties: penalty box (all teams, all games), scorekeeper/clock (all teams, home games). Anyone keeping score needs to familiarize themselves with the material on our scorekeeping page.
- Remind coaches to nominate a player for the Hobey Baker award.
- Pay the first installment of your fees prior to the deadline.
- Work with the scheduler if you will need extra time for senior recognition during one of your games.
* HPHL asks all teams to comply with IRS regulations. You can find information on our IRS Compliance page. Obtaining 501 c 3 or 7 status is a one time event. Once that has been done, teams need to complete a yearly 990N online report in order to maintain IRS compliance.
Other useful documents and forms are below.
Detailed scorekeeping information can be found on the scorekeeper pages. Managers should direct their scorekeepers to familiarize themselves with all of the information there.
Below is a downloadable blank scoresheet. Player names need to be written in if using this version.
HPHL will pay for security on an as needed basis. Team managers or Club Coordinators can request approval for security at select games from their Division Directors. Once approved, the team can schedule a security officer. See below for security officer job expectations.
Please plan ahead as it takes about 2 weeks to schedule a security officer.