Please read the Sports Engine How To's document below prior to scoring HPHL games.
Here are some key points:
- Always use a back up paper score sheet even if scoring live. This must be kept with the team until the end of the season.
- Do NOT use the "Select All" feature to select players.
- Coaches on the bench must also be selected and the HC identified.
- Identify any "substitute" or "pulled up" players with an "S" after their name.
- HPHL uses USAH High School Rules which include tag up offsides and icing the puck when short handed.
- List the name or # of at least one official in game details or game notes.
- Indicate goalie changes on the gamesheet. Count and enter shots for each goalie.
- The only penalty options that should be used for game suspensions are Game Misconduct (10:00) and Match Penalty (10:00).
- Do NOT use Game Ejection, Game Penalty or any of the zero minute penalties.
- Review, count and verify penalty information with official at end of game.
- Add additional game misconducts as needed - 4 penalties in game to same player; 12 penalties to same team, 2 major penalties to same person, etc.
- Document any suspensions being served or other additional information in Game Notes.
- Games must be posted within 24 hours of game completion.
Below is a downloadable blank scoresheet. Player names need to be written in if using this version. Although the home team manager should provide the paper game sheet it might be a good idea to have a blank one with you just in case.